Area Manager – Glen Transport
Glen Transport, a division of DCT Chambers Trucking, is a leader in bulk commodity transportation in the Pacific Northwest. Based in Skookumchuck BC, Glen Transport specializes in hauling woodchips, sawdust/shavings, hog fuel, petroleum and aggregates in the East Kootenay region.
The Area Manager is responsible for maintaining service excellence for our highway fleet both over the road and in the various mills and service stations Glen Transport serves.
Working closely with the Division Manager and other Area Manager, the successful candidate will act as front line safety supervisor and will consistently promote, implement, and uphold the principles of F.O.C.U.S (Full Loads, Operations, Communication, Utilization, Safety), with our driving staff.
The successful applicant will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the transportation industry with a strong emphasis on bulk commodities. A class 1 driver’s license is considered an asset and all applicants must be able to travel to the United States.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – F.O.C.U.S
• Insure all drivers are trained in all aspects of putting on good loads
• Continually look for ways to improve loading and constantly reinforce the importance of load standards.
• Assist in the search for new drivers and owner operators.
• Insure that equipment inspections are occurring and assist in promoting preventative maintenance.
• Daily interaction with the Division Manager is required.
• Maintain daily dialogue with mill and service station managers and superintendents that are directly affected by GT performance.
• Promote productivity by ensuring drivers are able to get full and complete shifts every available working day.
• Promote and uphold the key principles of COR. Glen Transport is proud to be a COR Certified Company.
• Provide front line response to all safety related occurrences both over the road and in mill and service station sites.
• Train and coach drivers on safe driving habits.
• Identify hazards and eliminate safety risks before the y occur.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND ATTRIBUTES• 5 years in transportation related industry.
• Valid Class 1 drivers license
• Valid Canadian Passport
• Self start attitude and the ability to work alone
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team leader
• Be willing to travel
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Competitive salary including benefits and RRSP’s
• Company Vehicle
• Career Opportunity
• On the job training
Contact Name: Bev Birkholtz, Division Manager
Phone: 250-422-3535, Ext 110