The Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq (The CMM) is a Tribal Council representing seven, Mi’kmaq communities of mainland NS. Our mission is to proactively promote and assist Mi’kmaq communities’ initiatives towards self-determination and enhancement of community. The CMM is located in the Millbrook Mi’kmaw Community in Nova Scotia and has over 60 Employees. The CMM’s Department of Environment & Natural Resources (DENR) is currently looking for an energetic, mature and independent candidate to fill the role of a Climate Action Emergency Management Officer with the MCG.
- Two years combined experience and Post-secondary education in emergency response, community planning, environmental studies, climate change, social sciences or an interdisciplinary equivalent.
- Knowledge of standard emergency response planning and implementation methodologies.
- Knowledge of standard climate change, GIS, and health sciences methodologies.
- Experience working in or with First Nation communities and knowledge of current First Nation community challenges and opportunities relating to climate change and community management.
- Understanding of issues related to the gathering and sharing of Traditional Knowledge.
- Excellent reading and writing skills; and, demonstrated communication skills both written and oral.
- Good understanding of the Indian Act and Mi’kmaq aboriginal and treaty rights.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, Power Point presentation, Word perfect and Adobe acrobat.
- Able to travel overnight and work overtime when required.
- Driver license, vehicle and the ability to travel.
To apply online, send your resumé before 17-11-2017 to ;