Global Business Line : Decision Analytics, Asia Pacific
Function : Analytics
Travel Requirements : Up to 5%
Location : Hong Kong, Singapore, KL, Melbourne, Sydney or Shanghai
Senior Consultant or Location Analytics Head or Regional Analytics Head
- Delivering Client Projects (including data manipulation, model development and reporting, quality assurance, documentation and internal / client communication);
- Supporting junior/less experienced data modelers in their project work.
The role will report to the Senior Consultant or Analytics Head in the relevant location, and work closely with the local analytics team or the analytics team of the regional delivery center/s.
Key Result Areas
DATA ANALYSIS AND SCORECARD DEVELOPMENT:
Work independently, and where appropriate supervise others, to develop analytical solutions using best practice analytical techniques and following established quality procedures to help guarantee the robustness of the solution.
- Carry out and when required, supervise others carrying out, the extraction, formulation and manipulation of data to create the structured samples necessary to address business requirement.
- Interpret and, where appropriate, supervise others in the interpretation of analysis results.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of own work and the work of any junior data modeler on the project.
- Produced analysis is accurate and completed to agreed timescales, resulting in positive feedback from client/customer.
- Follow DA procedures and processes throughout the scorecard development process, ensuring all work is produced to the agreed specification, and meets all requirements.
- Take responsibility for the production of high quality project documentation.
- Identify and resolve data or analytical problems, producing appropriate analysis to verify results.
- Identify potential gaps in own technical/business knowledge that might compromise the deadlines. Work with PM or Consultant to plan timely steps to fill gaps.
- Challenge existing processes and recommend improvements.
- Share findings with peers from other VM Teams and management where required.
- Prepared to communicate ideas in knowledge sharing forums.
- Ensure the quality of all data sent to clients/customers (e.g. project development samples; retrospective bureau data and Delphi for customer management data (if applicable)
PROJECT AND TIME MANAGEMENT:
Contribute to the effective management of projects.
- Input into the review and assessment of client/customer requirements to produce a project specification.
- With direction, produce specifications.
- Liaise with other internal and external project management groups to ensure project is delivered as part of complete solution.
- Input into the accurate assessment of the work that needs to be undertaken to define and maintain a project plan.
- Plan, organize and complete own workload and supervise, where appropriate, the workload of any junior data modeler on the project, to meet project commitments within agreed schedules.
- Is able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising the quality of the final deliverables.
- Provide pro-actively status reports and progress updates to Project Manager or Consultant as required, for all projects/tasks.
- Contribute to the preparation of regular project status reports to both internal and external parties.
- Proactively identify potential risks in achieving project timescales, taking pro-active action to minimize risk.
- Recognize when issues or problems need to be escalated.
- Maintain effectively accurate time recording to projects in Change Point (internal time tracker software)
- Proactively use time recording data to identify inefficiencies in project work and recommend improvements
MANAGING CLIENT AND INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Support client personnel and/or other departments/divisions within Experian DA to ensure regular and consistent information is given to all parties in the project and the internal team
- Communicate with client and/or other departments/divisions within Experian to help ensure accurate and timely implementation of project work, and to enable them to manage client expectations.
- Ensure full understanding of the client’s/customer’s requirements.
- Ensure that all written and verbal communication is clear and professional.
- Build and maintain positive day to day client/customer relationships at peer level.
- Together with the Project Manager or Consultant take part in client reviews and delivery meetings. Meet with clients/customers to present results and conclusions in both written and verbal form.
- Take responsibility for the resolution of client/customer problems or issues.
- Identify and feedback opportunities outside of the initial scope of the project to the Project Manager or Consultant.
TEAMWORK AND KNOWLEDGE SHARING:
Works as part of a team supporting colleagues and junior members to achieve results.
- Priorities own, and where appropriate others workload and communicate this effectively to the Supervisor or Resources Manager to provide input into resource plans.
- Mentor junior data modelers in the use of software and analytical methodologies, providing explanations of business requirement specifications to facilitate understanding of the clients/customers’ objectives.
- Actively seek to share knowledge within and outside of the team.
- Contribute to and/or produce project case studies and knowledge sharing materials for Experian methodology, products and services.
- Participate in induction training of junior data modelers.
Improve personal and professional competencies, product knowledge and technical/analytical skills through continual learning.
- In consultation with line manager, maintain and action agreed personal development plan.
- Seek feedback to improve skills, knowledge and competencies as part of the feedback process.
- Maintain awareness of latest business and market developments.
- Actively seek to develop competency/knowledge of both analytics and software.
- Demonstrate improved knowledge of relevant Experian products and services and the clients’ business.
- Show willing to take on additional responsibility and more difficult project work.
Skills & Experience
We need a professional with outstanding interpersonal and analytical skills to work with senior Consultants in Asia Pacific to support our business growth and client engagement primarily through the development and delivery of analytics projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post Graduate /Bachelor’s Degree level or equivalent knowledge with a high numeric content e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics or Physical Sciences
- Significant experience (3-5 years) of statistical / analytical project work.
- Thorough knowledge of the use and application of the scoring models within the implemented solution.
- Thorough understanding of the scorecard development process and statistical techniques which may be used to address client business issues.
- An innovative and inquisitive mind, focused on addressing and solving data and analysis problems.
- Common sense/logical approach to mathematical reasoning.
- Knowledge of Statistical Software ( e.g. SAS/ SPSS/R/WPS etc.)
- Work experience with bureau data for risk management is desirable
- Strong data manipulation/investigation skills. Ability to identify and correct data problems.
- Strong communication skills, including proficiency in writing reports and presenting technical work.
- Strong personal planning and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork.Commercially focused.
Success at Experian is strongly about personal fit with the culture and the behaviors we value as an organization:
- Driving for results – pushing yourself and others to meet and exceed stretch targets.
- Making great decisions – making the right judgments in the face of complexity and uncertainty.
- Working together – building relationships and networks across our different business and geographies.
- Doing it right – operating as a brand ambassador for Experian and actively protecting its reputation for excellence in all areas.