- Work with rapidly expanding team to develop future generation of our high volume best-in-market product. Responsible for leading, mentoring and coaching a team of developers in our new Malaysian development center. Candidate should be interested in high-volume data processing and analytics applications to support cross-channel e-marketing.
- Candidate will be responsible for project architecture and team management within our highly available technology infrastructure supporting product services minimizing time-to market and product development costs.
- The candidate works closely with our system architect, QA manager, project managers and product management to deliver on our product roadmap.
Major Job Functions
- Staffs and leads software development in a single project team consisting of 5-7 software engineers.
- Assesses business problems, system requirements and the external system design. Obtains development estimates from team.
- Writes proof of concept code to demonstrate concepts to more junior team members; able to contribute to projects though not usually expected.
- Exhibits leadership and decisiveness in absence of consensus. Ultimately accountable for an effective and cohesive team.
- Reviews development estimates; identifies and mitigates potential issues.
- Provides technical decisions on projects, program direction, and application modifications.
- Assists with the development and implementation of processes as necessary.
- Responsible for project branch maintenance and builds.
- Stays abreast of current technology, new technological advances and company standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s a plus.
- 10-15 years of experience in software development.
- 2-5 years of management experience as a team lead or manager.
- Experience developing software within a 30+ person team.
- Experience with branch management tools such as SVN and GIT.
- Past work in Unix (Linux) environments.
- 3+ years working with Perl (mod_perl or CGI) and/or C to build web applications
- Experience with front-end AJAX frameworks and technologies.
- 4+ years building applications backed by Oracle database technology.
- Experience with Scrum; ScrumMaster certification a plus.
- Interest in high-volume data processing applications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of software development methodologies.