- Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of Property Development Companies focused on Student Housing and Multi-Family Housing for young professionals.
- Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs;
- Initiate and lead restructuring programs to address inefficiencies;
- Lead changes to the Financial Management and Cost Control processes, resulting in reduction in predominantly fixed overheads;
- Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management, communications, property management, design, project management, and investor management.
- Actively work with the employee consultative committee at site to review and update policies, employee grievances, employee development issues, and employee motivation;
- Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration;
- Full responsibility for Site ORM (Operational Risk Management) Program, inclusive of Environmental, Health and Safety;
- Work to manage and rehabilitate employees;
- Constantly work towards operational excellence through maximizing efficiencies. This includes changes in routine maintenance program, set up time reductions, multi skilled workforce, strategic planning of production to minimize the usage of resources, enhancing existing systems.
- Plan the reorganization of the operations. Create a multi-disciplined team in each operational zone proactively working together. This will allow for further efficiencies through planning;
- Responsible for the Commercial management of investor accounts. This includes calling on and maintaining relationships with investors, annual contract negotiations, and quarterly financial price review and annual pricing and promotional strategies, manage the overall relationships personally.
- Responsible for the delivery of the site QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) and operational standards, working closely management teams & Quality team to identify and deliver improvements;
- Conduct training sessions with Personal Safety, Finance, Acquisitions and Project Management.
- Support the R&D team in development of new processes, costing of labor.
- Must have:
- A bachelor’s degree & 5 yrs of previous experience in operations and/or finance management/consulting.
- Previous management consultant experience at a student housing development company and or multi-family for the young professional’s development company.
- A database of at least five hundred high net worth individuals or families.
- A track record working with high net worth individuals or families.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Five (5) years experience as an Organizational Change Management Specialist successfully managing high impact, business transformation projects.
- Must be willing to travel up to fifty percent of the time.
This is a salaried position based on 40 hr week at $36 per hour. Benefits meet Employment Standards Act. Main office is located in Victoria BC.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: