Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Research Assistant will lead the development and implementation of a plan to research and gather the history on the Town of Paradise. The duties will include, but not limited to, collecting oral histories specific to the Town, conducting research interviews, conducting archive research, and compiling and documenting collected information. The Research Assistant may also be responsible for supporting on-going communications activities in the Town of Paradise as required.
- Post-secondary studies in Humanities and Social Sciences (history, folklore, political science, or others), Library Studies, Archival Studies or other relevant field;
- Experience in research specifically in: designing a historical research project, knowledge in the techniques of gathering oral histories, and knowledge in archival research;
- Demonstrates a high level of organizational and interpersonal skills and tact and discretion;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Detailed knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other office applications;
To apply online, send your resumé before 20-11-2017 to ;