Sun Life’s Group Retirement Services (GRS) is Canada’s largest provider of workplace retirement savings plans – helping employees plan and save for their retirement while working. GRS designs, develops and implements industry leading capabilities for not only employees but also employers who sponsor a retirement savings plan for their workforce.
This role reports to the Assistant Vice-President Product & Research and has no direct reports, but instead draws upon a virtual team of Sun Life Financial professionals to achieve GRS’ objectives. Solid project management and strong influencing skills will be essential for this business development leadership role.
The Retirement Strategist has the following accountabilities:
- Relationship Development. Contribute to achieving objectives for retirement income focused products by developing and nurturing relationships (in collaboration with Business Development) with plan sponsors, consultants and advisors, educating them on GRS income solutions and working with them and their Sun Life Client Relationship Executive to implement appropriate solutions for their workplace plan. Identify prospects (in partnership with Business Development) and monitor progress and status for all existing clients and prospects who may be candidates for solutions that can drive better outcomes for their employees.
- Collaboration. Work with a virtual team of Sun Life Financial professionals in marketing, investments, actuarial, operations, business development, and product development to achieve objectives.
- CAP Income Focused Champion. Champion income focused solutions and healthy plan designs that contribute to improved retirement readiness within Sun Life Financial. Educate various stakeholders on the value and importance of changing the conversation from wealth to income and how it can make a difference for employees, employers and GRS.
The incumbent must meet the following requirements and ideally have the suggested assets:
- CFA designation
- FCIA designation
- Fully fluent in English; Bilingual English/French would be an asset
- Background in liability based investing
- Strong fixed income background
This role could be suitable for professionals with a DC focused investment management or consulting background and a demonstrated capacity to build new skill sets as required.
To apply online, send your resumé before 18-09-2017 to ;